NABUCCO ISLAND RESORT
WELCOME TO NABUCCO ISLAND RESORT
The private island of Nabucco Island has everything you could want for a successful diving and relaxing holiday: Great views of the turquoise Maratua lagoon, intact nature with mangroves, monitor lizards, flying foxes, kingfishers, coconut crabs and mud jumpers, world-class diving spots for big fish – and macro lovers just a few minutes by boat, including the famous Big Fish Country canal. A professional diving company, delicious food and our friendly team offer holiday enjoyment at its best.
On the east coast of Borneo – located in the Sulawesi Sea – 4 double bungalows with sea view (each two bungalows in one building), 2 garden double bungalows, 2 single bungalows with sea view and 3 garden single bungalows were built in the style typical of the country on the two-hectare island . Around the island there are some small sandy beaches. Due to the tides, swimming is sometimes only possible at the jetty.
The exotic resort combines natural magic with a family atmosphere. The construction of this little paradise was based on the vegetation, not the other way around. Ecological aspects influenced the construction significantly. Perhaps because of this, the rare coconut crabs are still at home on Nabucco, as are large numbers of medium-sized monitor monitor lizards, kingfishers, flying dogs and various species of lizards.
The spacious bungalows have their own terrace with sun loungers and most have direct access to the beach and, at high tide, to the sea. The garden rooms, which are set back a little, are embedded in the tropical garden. All bungalows have air conditioning and ceiling fan, minibar, mosquito net, bathroom with shower / toilet. Hot water with the help of solar energy.
- The spacious and airy restaurant is – built on stilts – directly above the sea.
- The exceptional location of the restaurant allows a wonderful view over the atoll.
- Breakfast and lunch are served “a la carte” in a cozy atmosphere.
- In the evening, the starry sky over Lake Sulawesi conjures up the perfect ambience for the freshly prepared 5-course menu.
- The Nabucco Bar – not far from the restaurant – was built on a cliff right by the sea.
- Just the right place to enjoy the sunset on one side and the moonrise on the other with a cocktail.
- The bar is equipped with a TV and a DVD player to review the events of the day in good company via photo or video.
- Our employees are already looking forward to pampering you with magical cocktails.